How has the Covid-19 pandemic affected you and your family?
Do you have a funny or heartwarming story to share or a piece of art
that you’ve created in response to the pandemic?
We’d like to share a community display to capture this life-altering
moment. All ages are welcome to participate.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Share a short story (250 words or less), a poem, or a piece of art (photo, painting,
drawing, etc.) that expresses how you’ve felt or dealt with the Covid 19 pandemic.
Flat artwork only and artwork should be no larger than 11” x 17”.
- mail your writing submission and/or a photo of your artwork to
email@example.com with your first and last name and phone number by noon
on Wednesday, July 8.
- Once approved, artwork must be submitted in person by Friday, July 10 and will
not be returned. Artwork should be placed in the Summer Reading Mailbox or the
Little Free Library box – both are located at the corner of the library near the
- 1 entry per person allowed.
- Submissions will be displayed on the library grounds the week of July 13-18th.
Rules are as follows:
- All submissions must be family friendly. Library staff will screen all
submissions and will make the final decision whether the submission can be
- Please be aware that by submitting your writing and/or artwork via email to
us, you are giving permission for us to share your first name and submission
on our grounds and/or on Rocky River Public Library's social media. Adults
over the age of 18 that email submissions for children are giving permission
for that child’s first name and submission to be displayed on Rocky River
Library grounds and/or social media. If you are under the age of 18, you must
obtain parent or guardian permission before submitting your entry.
Event Type(s): Family (all ages), Adult Program, Teen Program
Age Group(s): Adult, Children, Teen